Rants from the Floribbean

2.07.2006

A cheesesteak in Florida??

Last Friday night Chip asked me what I wanted for dinner and I whined, "I want a cheesesteak!" We have been living in the Floribbean for 7 months now and I have not had one in all that time. Even when I was home I didn't get to have a cheesesteak. So my craving was strong.

We had heard there was a local place that was pretty good so we thought we would give it a try. We were expecting some Floridian version of meat on a roll with green peppers being peddled as an authentic Philly Cheesesteak. Boy were we surprised when we pulled up at "PHILLY'S Famous Cheese Steaks and Pizza Company."

This place SMELLED authentic. As soon as I walked in I felt like I was at home. There is something about that cheesesteak smell, you just can't fake it.

We ordered our steaks and waited. Now maybe its the fact that I am so far from home, or that I wanted one so bad, but that was a GREAT cheesesteak. They import Amoroso's Rolls and use white American Cheese. It was a close as I could get to any of the deli's that I love in Conshy.

As one search ends, the next begins - I can sum it up in one word - SCRAPPLE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home