Rants from the Floribbean

3.07.2006

Checking In

Greetings,

First I apologize for the lack of posts lately. I tend to retreat when things are not going so great. Lately I have been hiding out. I am struggling with this move to Florida. It's beautiful here but besides Chip, who I couldn't love more if I tried, it's pretty lonely. Meeting people is difficult the older we get, plus I have such wonderful friends and family, everyone new I meet just pales in comparison. I am trying to make the best of a situation that I chose to get myself into, but its not always easy. So, for those of you who emailed and called to see what was going on b/c you hadn't seen a post in a while, thank you so much for checking in, I appreciate it so much.

All that being said. I am getting back on the horse. No situation ever got better by hiding out and waiting for it to get better.

I am looking for some hobbies that will put me in situations to meet some new people similar to me. Any suggestions? I cannot possibly put into words how sick I am of the bar scene. And it seems that the only option that ever comes up is "meet for drinks." Clearly there is more to do in this world than drink. Yes, I said that, you can get off the floor now.

So send your suggestions my way, no matter how crazy they may be.

2 Comments:

At 3/08/2006, Blogger GoodTimes said...

hm...let's see...what about going back to school? Does your job offer education assistance? Or maybe not even going towards another degree...but like a cooking class or something along those lines? What about a local walking/hiking club?

just suggestions...

 
At 3/09/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel...leaving all of your friends is so hard even if the weather is great. Try an art class, I did some pottery and that was so much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home