Rants from the Floribbean

4.25.2006

Only in the Floribbean

or any other beach community.

Last night I left my office at 4:50 pm and stopped and got a bottle of chilled champagne at the grocery store. I met Chip at the beach and by 5:15 I had my toes in the sand.

We sat there for hours sipping champagne and watching the surf, occasionally walking down to the warm Gulf waters.

It was just a perfect night. So calm and relaxed. I could have sat there forever watching the fishing boats go by and the birds diving in the surf for the schools of fish. As the sun set the sky turned colors that you have to see in real life to know they exist.

It was an amazing night. One that fortunately for me, I get to have quite often. I never want to take this for granted. I hope I never do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home