Rants from the Floribbean

6.12.2006

Here we go again

The 2006 hurricane season is only 12 days old and here we are watching the maps again. A hurricane warning has just been issued for our area of the Gulf Coast. Alberto is expected to go North of us but we will get the fun part of the storm, the Southeast Quadrant that will pack the biggest punch. Some companies (like Chip's) have already bought into the hype and sent people home early TODAY. It's really not that bad. Its a storm with lots of wind and rain. Rain that we really need. Since I have to live through about 4 more months of this, and each one will escalate in severity, there is NO WAY that I can get all worked up about this first storm. I wish the media would not make such a big deal...but I guess gator attacks are down this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home