Rants from the Floribbean

6.05.2006

More Visitors

One of the best things about my time at GSI Commerce are the great friends I made there. Two of those friends came to visit us last weekend, Anne Marie and Michelle.

Unfortunately for our latest visitors the good travel karma we have been having lately did not extend to them as they were delayed by more than 5 hours and did not arrive in the Floribbean until the weeee small hours of the morning.

This did not spoil our fun, although it did give it a later start than we had planned.

We spent Friday catching up and catching rays at our beautiful beach. We took the girls back to the beach to watch the sunset. I have seen that sunset MANY times at this point and it never gets old. It is truly breathtaking.

We wrapped up Friday with a cookout and some cold beers.

Saturday our clocks were back on track so we were able to spend a longer day lounging at the beach and working on our tans.

Saturday night we went to the Taste of Pinellas. This is an annual event held in conjunction with a Children's Telethon that is held all weekend. It's free to get into and all monies raised go to the ALL FOR KIDS FOUNDATION. For those not familiar, a "Taste" features many local restaurants serving up delicious and delectable menu items. This Taste also featured free live music. We got to see Pat Benatar. It was AWESOME. As a child of the 80's and also a girl, I LOVED Pat when I was a kid and still do. Her songs are great and she was excellent live. It was only the 2nd night of her tour. If they come through your town definitely check them out.

Sunday morning I took the girls back to Tampa International and sadly sent them on their way.

It's been great having so many familiar faces down here the past few weeks. I hope more of you will take advantage of having someone you know live 1 mile from the Gulf of Mexico :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home